10 Year Warranty
Tankworld tanks have a warranty to the original purchaser for a period of ten years against faulty workmanship or materials provided the following is carried out:
- Do not roll the tank on the flange, Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP).
- Tie down tank on delivery.
- Overflow must be piped away from the base.
- If a sand fill base is used, a retaining beam must be provided to stop sand washing away.
- The MO2500 Slimline tank is required to have a 3″ (75mm) concrete base. The concrete base must be a minimum of 100mm wider than the outer dimensions of the tank at any given point.
- The number of inlet pipes, their sizes and capacities must equal the number of overflow pipes, their sizes and capacities.
- Correct tank site preparation, as well as preservation is the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
- Do not allow the tank site to deteriorate after installation, due to any form of erosion.
- Tank outlets must not be subjected to any undue force.
- The warranty is limited to replacement or repair of the tank.
- The warranty is granted to the original purchaser only and is not binding on any heirs or successors in title thereof.
- The manufacturer will not be liable for any consequential losses including loss of profits or damage to property.
- The warranty does not apply to the colour which may fade or change over time.
- The warranty is void and will not be binding upon the manufacturer where any physical abuse, improper installation, unsound base, or unauthorised modifications have occurred to the tank. PLEASE NOTE: The tank must have 12″ length of Flexible Hose as per the diagrams.
- The warranty on strainer, outlet, gate valve and overflow is 12 months only.
- Other accessories and products are subject to manufacturers warranties.
- Tanks purchased for the purpose of ambient water storage are restricted to that purpose only. Storage of any other materials in the tank will void this warranty.
- Tankworld truck drivers are employed to deliver water tanks to your property, they are to (where physically possible) place the tanks onto a flat, level, prepared site. They are to cut in an outlet and overflow. Any duties other than the above carried out by the driver at the customer’s request is the sole responsibility of that customer, NOT the driver or Tankworld.
- The purchaser acknowledges having fully read and understood the contents of this warranty and agrees to be bound thereby. A docket will be produced upon delivery for you to sign, to acknowledge all of the above. This must be signed and returned within 28 days, or all warrantees will be null and void.
The warranty does not apply:
- To defects specifically drawn to the purchaser’s attention before purchase; or
- If the tank has been used for any purpose other than the storage of rainwater below 40ºC (with the exception of company approved extra heavy-duty tanks & chemical storage tanks).
ACCC Mandatory statement: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. Full details of your Consumer rights may be found at www.consumerlaw.gov.au