22 February 2023
How to clean water tank: 5 ways to clean your tank
A common question we get asked here is How to clean a water tank? Did you know that you can drink rainwater? While it might seem too good to be true, the truth is that rainwater is one of the purest forms of drinking water there is. Unlike tap water or bottled water, which often contains fluoride and other chemicals, rainwater is naturally filtered by the atmosphere. However, this doesn’t mean that you can just collect rainwater in a tank and drink it without any care! In order to ensure high-quality drinking water, you need to clean your rainwater tank regularly.
Here are 5 ways to clean your water tank
And keep your water pure and safe to drink:
1. Regularly inspect your tank for any build-up of sediment or algae, and remove it as needed. For example, you can use a high-pressure sprayer to clean out the interior walls of your tank, or scrub any visible gunk with a stiff brush.
2. Test the pH levels of your water to ensure that it is neither too acidic nor too alkaline. You can use a simple at-home kit or other testing device to check how much bacteria and contaminants are present in your tank.
3. Keep animals and insects out of your tank by maintaining a tight lid on top of it. This will help prevent them from contaminating the water or leaving droppings in it.
4. Avoid adding any chemicals to your tank, such as chlorine bleach or pesticides. Not only can these substances be harmful for your health, but they can also damage the quality of your drinking water over time.
5. If you notice any strange smells or tastes in your water, it might be a sign that something is going wrong. Consult a professional to get advice on how to address the issue and ensure that you continue to have clean, safe drinking water.
By following these simple steps, you can rest assured that your rainwater tank will always provide fresh, clean water for your household. So why wait? Start cleaning today!